Here is week 7 & 8 in review (bullet point style).
- The past two weeks have been filled with music, good books and volleyball.
- I am so thankful Grammy is passing on her love for the piano.
- I am loving our loop scheduling this year and we are enjoying our nature notebooks.
- Mr. J is showing some reading readiness so we are slowly wading into our Primary Arts of Language Reading curriculum from IEW.
- Fall is in the air and we went apple picking! Apple picking leads to apple eating…
- //embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.jsWe have been wanting to put a fire pit in for a few years. With the help of some friends we were successful. I love having a place to sit and chat (and eat smores!!) and enjoy one another outside.
- We enjoyed the blood moon by the fire with a good book.
- Mr J was in heaven when the fire department showed up at library story time!
- We visited Pioneer Days at George Washington Carver National Monument for a field trip. This is our third trip to Pioneer Days but our first trip where we really knew something about George Carver. We have been listening to George Washington Carver: From Slave to Scientist. Despite numerous setbacks Carver sought and education and wanted to do great things in his life. I have been brought to tears numerous times while listening to this book. I can’t do him justice in a bullet point, George W. Carver is worthy of his own post. 🙂
- At Pioneer Days the park sets up stations, old fashion games, story telling, laundry washing, candle sipping, open fire cooking, and exploring the awesome museum. My crew had a great time!
- All that apple picking yielded a few jars of pink applesauce, apple butter, cinnamon applesauce. YUM! I had a pretty great helper too!
- I am trying to build some free time into our days. While sissy was using her free time to sew I found my little guy on the deck chilling out in the sun!
- We concluded the weekend with a fire in the fire pit, hot dogs, smores and a little reading of The Green Ember by the fire.
The past two weeks have my mama heart overflowing . They have been full of good things with my good gifts from God.