Week 6 recap, bullet point style:
- The week started with both Miss K and myself feeling under the weather. Not a great way to kick off Monday.
- We had a great week 4 at our local Classical Conversations Community day. You can see Mr. J showing off his Usborne Big Book of Machines during presentation.
- Miss E likes to hang out with my in the afternoon during Essentials while my younger two are playing with friends.
- Mr. J started soccer this week. In typical boy fashion he loved playing goalie and getting hit with the ball.
- We created an egg crate review game this week to review our CC work. I am enjoying having two children in CC and working with them together at home. It has been fun to see both kids review one another and both know the same things.
- Miss K and I started working through our study of Colossians. I talked a little bit about what we are doing in my post about the book Women of the Word.
- After spending a few days stuck inside we took a nature walk in a wooded area behind our house. We enjoyed looking at the trees, climbing a few and bringing back a few specimens to do some leaf rubbings and learning a little about local trees.
- I am wanting to make nature study a more regular activity in our homeschool. Do you take nature walks? How do you implement nature walks in your homeschool?
It is hard to believe we are about to start week 7 of our school year. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn alongside my kiddos and to be the person who gets to point them to Jesus as we learn how to love God and one another.